Top 5 Mobility Tips for World Tourism Day
September 27th 2021 is World Tourism Day. Fittingly, this year’s World Tourism Day theme is “Tourism for Inclusive Growth” set by the United Nations. Navigating a new place with a disability can be stressful but hopefully the below tips and products can show you it is still possible!
Travel Tips and Suggestions:
- Plan for everything you can expect. Doing the proper research and planning will alleviate the stress of the unknowns.
- Think about using a specialized travel agent. A trained travel agent will understand a location’s accessibility opinions and can even suggest the best ones!
- Arrange assistance at the airport. All airports offer wheelchair assistance in and around the terminal.
- Properly disassemble all mobility products. If your durable medical device is traveling with you, make sure nothing is able to fall off and be lost.
- Have fun! Being a tourist is meant to be a relaxing and enjoyable time. This is a great moment to decompress from our busy lives.
Great Travel Durable Medical Equipment:
Comfy Go Foldable Mobility Scooter
The Comfy Go folds into a nice compact size making it easy to travel with. Never leave your mobility scooter behind because this one is approved for airlines! Traveling by car instead? It is also small enough to fit in the trunk of a car.
Stander EZ Fold-N-Go Rollator
They don’t call the Stander EZ Fold-N-Go the world’s most compact and portable rollator for any reason. No matter where you are as a tourist, it can easily come with you. It folds 3x smaller than your average walker and comes with a handy storage basket for all your souvenirs.
Drive Medical Super Light Folding Transport Wheelchair
This Drive wheelchair is only 19 pounds and a great travel companion. It also includes a handy carry bag for transport. It is the perfect sightseeing wheelchair.
It has been a hard time to travel but we hope you have been able to be a tourist somewhere! Whether you have a trip tomorrow or next year, it always helps to be prepared. Check out RehabPulse.com for more products to help with your travel needs. Have a great World Tourism Day!
Published on Sep 27 2021
Last Updated on Sep 28 2021